27 June 2010

Wellspring

I awoke before anyone in the house this morning and I've been online ever since. I've found some inspiring blogs and have enjoyed my solitude these past few hours. I was reading the posts at Red Shoes, which in turn led me to a Scandinavian blog, syko (I seriously smiled at the name!), which in turn led me to this blog: The Scent of Water. The Scent of Water ~ ??? Obviously I am a writer at heart, so I wondered, "How, exactly, does one describe the scent of water?" This verse was found onsite and I felt a connection to it. I can already see the relevance it has for my day.

"For there is hope for a tree, when it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and its shoots will not fail. Though its roots grow old in the ground and its stump dies in the dry soil, at the scent of water it will flourish and put forth sprigs like a plant." Job 14: 7-9

As for the blog, I think I have no choice now but to read it everyday. The author numbers her daily posts as part of A Diary of a Hundred Days. Nice concept. And as I continue to search for my own voice, I think I will enjoy hers. She has a way with words, as all good friends do.

MoCoMi

Such a sweet word. Such a sweet place. This afternoon I will take my daughter to church camp for the first time. She is excited and I am, well, feeling nostalgic. I have so many delightful memories from the timeframe stamped "church camp" ~ but I've never really been any good at growing up, and each passing year finds me farther from this happy place of yesterday. *sigh* The grounds have changed a lot with the passing of time but if I listen carefully, I can hear that which I remember... I think I'll be a good listener today.

"What we remember from childhood we remember forever - permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen." ~Cynthia Ozick

Dear Ally,

May you live and laugh these next few days in a place that is truly a place after God's own heart. Most importantly, may you learn more about His plans for your beautiful life. Always remember these things...

"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself." John 15:4

(At the scent of water...yes, the scent of water.)

All my love sweet girl,
Mommy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment