14 June 2010

pour mon amis

Last night my status was described as 'incredibly bored'. It's true. I was. More than anything, I'm ashamed I actually admitted it. Liz suggested I write something, and Kim reminded me that I do NOT allow my children to complain of boredom. Megan, though, had this to say: Boredom is a state of mind. Maybe you are just content to dream for the moment. Ahh, someone I have known seemingly forever effectively explained it to me! Content though? I remain incredibly impatient and therein lies the problem. I've been dreaming a lot lately (of Harry, great friends, walks on the beach at sunset...) and have been impulsively wishing my summer away. I've got to stop...not the dreaming (never!), but I really must quit this attitude of boredom. There are days ahead to spend creating memories with my daughters, the oldest of which will leave for college far too soon. And besides, a bit of patience should make the last days in September so much sweeter. I'll be sure to let you know...

I did awake this morning with a smile, albeit not feeling overly energetic. My youngest daughter happily told me that I was her best friend (along with Santa Claus). This made me laugh, yet I know her sentiment is fleeting. Soon enough she will no longer find me quite so enchanting. And then there is the matter of a certain phone conversation late last night. I love, love, love talking to Suzy but I gotta say it...Julian is the man. To converse with a 13 year-old and come away from the experience utterly impressed...well, that says a lot about his character. It also says a lot about his mother and my dear friend. Julian said it best: His mom is "awesome!" And I haven't even yet mentioned his note I discovered in my inbox last night!

Dear Madame Green,

Merci beaucoup pour mon nouveau livre du train! J'adore cette tres beaucuop! Je savoir mon Mama aime vous tres beaucoup parce qu'elle parle toujours de vous. Vous est tres geniel pour pensee de moi et obtiner moi cette livre. Je me réjouis de vous rencontrer très.

Merci beaucoup,
Julien

Are you kidding me?! In French?! AND I've been told he connected some very lovely adjectives to my name. (Beautiful? Kind?) Oh Julian, you are a young man after every girl's heart. I have just the daughter for you! xoxo

(Translation: Thank you very much for my new book about steam trains! I love it! I know my Mom likes you a lot because she talks about you all of the time. You are so kind to think of me. I look forward to meeting you. Thank you very much, Julian.)

101 days...and BOOM, I'll be there. I look forward to meeting you as well!

Listen to a Boomer's story
Pay attention to what I say
Well, I hear another train a-comin'
Guess I'll be on my way
~ Ry Cooder

No comments:

Post a Comment