27 May 2010

Today

Looking back, you realize that a very special person passed briefly through your life, and that person was you. It is not too late to become that person again. ~Robert Brault

This is so very true. Today has been a perfect day for such a reminder. There is a prayer that I love that came to mind today as well. It is spoken in unison at the closing of Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, sometimes as attendees join hands. I speak honestly when I say that some of the finest people I have ever known are those whom I met when attending my father's open meetings years ago. Some were elite. Some were criminals. Some were just brokenhearted and down on their luck. We've all been there a time or two. I'm glad to call many of them, still, my friends. There are many adjectives I might use to describe myself. Today, I'll choose lucky. I am a very fortunate girl.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

My Happilist
i.am.sanders

Gratitude is the heart's memory. ~French proverb

Nos. 29 ~ 33

  • a clean and organized desk
  • dusk
  • Milk Duds
  • evenings with my children
  • introducing those I love to friends I've cherished for 25+...35+ years

to be continued, of course

Today my heart is full, but not so much filled with gratitude. Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment