28 May 2010

Prolificacy

"You are prolific." That is what he said.

He was fortunate enough to have been my high school classmate (insert a wink and a laugh here). The funny thing is, we didn't really get to know each other until a few years back... around the time of our class reunion. Matt and Suzy are lovely people. Lovely. I enjoy the banter between intelligent minds, the discussion of fine literature, and the security of knowing that if my McKenzie needs a helping hand while away at Fontbonne, these dear folks are but a quick phone call and short drive away. Enjoy your jaunt to Disney World, my friends! xoxo

"The good Lord puts us here for lifting people up." Yep, he said that too. This wasn't the exchange that began my day, but it was the one that mattered most. Thank you for counting me among your blessings. Please know the sentiment is reciprocated! Certainly the good Lord knows when one can use a hug...

Which reminds me of Becky... She specifically referenced hugs when she sent me this message: "Although it has been years, your smile is still beautiful and your heart is still full of life." We did have some good times, didn't we? Today I want to see myself using your mirror. Thanks, sweet girl. xoxo
* * * * *
Yesterday I visited Southbank Gift Company. The owner, Jill Bednar, is a delight. The mood of the shop is delightful (and oh boy, those gourmet foods!). She is a such a giving, kindhearted person and several items in her store were pleasant reminders that we should enjoy our journeys. If you have the opportunity, click on the store name and stop in for a visit.

You won't be disappointed!



And tomorrow I'm off to the Farmer's Market! I canNOT wait until a bit later in the season when I can make this:

Watermelon Salsa
the Gourmet Foodie

Ingredients:
• ¼ cup lime juice
• 2 tablespoons browns sugar
• 3 cups chopped watermelon (about ½ full sized watermelon)
• ½ cup minced red onion
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos (about ½ jalapeƱo)
• 1/3 cup cilantro
• ½ cucumber
• Salt to taste

Directions:

  1. Whisk the lime juice and sugar until sugar has completely dissolved.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Toss gently. Refrigerate overnight.
I think I'll serve it up with a side of my own kitchen-made chips!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And now I'm off of here for a bit. There is a plane ticket somewhere just waiting to have my name on it. I've postponed its purchase long enough. Click on the map below to check out my destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment