24 May 2010

Black


I am not in a good mood. I’ll admit it. I think I’ll let a few others do the talking today…

"Before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. " ~Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out." ~Thomas Babington Macaulay

"Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking." ~Henry Louis Mencken, "Sententiae," This and That: A Mencken Chrestomathy, 1948

"You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest." ~Robert Brault

"The truth that survives is simply the lie that is pleasantest to believe." ~ H. L. Mencken

"The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity." ~Andre Gide

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. " ~Will Rogers

"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour. " ~Japanese Proverb

"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel." ~Anthony Trollope, Barchester Towers

"Sticks and stones break certain bones and tear our flesh apart. Rocks can hurt like anything, but love is what breaks the heart." ~Unknown

"I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar." ~Robert Brault

"After all...tomorrow is another day." ~Scarlett O'Hara, Gone With the Wind

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment