04 May 2010

Change the Channel

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay

I've been reading Joel Osteen's Your Best Life Now. I like him. I like his attitude. I've been focusing on two particular sections of the book: "Let Go of the Past" and "Find Strength Through Adversity." I'm taking to heart his words,
"You can't unscramble eggs."

What's done is done
.


I happen to like scrambled eggs. A lot. In fact, one of my favorite memories involves a special breakfast made just for me... It was a plate of scrambled eggs (and some yummy bacon, too!). I don't like it when my life becomes scrambled, though, and it's been feeling a bit like eggs
for awhile now.

"Don't let your mind or emotions drag you down into despair. Instead, dwell on the good things God has done in your life."
It's time to change the channel.
* * *
Yesterday I received a hug in my mailbox. Two, actually! I've been feeling physically unwell for awhile. A dear friend sent a "Get Well" card with so many little bits of cheer inside. I had to laugh as confetti fell out onto my feet! I had no idea this friend was even aware that I'd been dealing with health "issues" as I haven't seen her in awhile. Thank you, Charlotte, for being a caring friend! It was nice of you to think of me and I appreciate you.

I also received a special invitation from the East Coast. This came from someone I have never personally met, but represents so many recent happy exchanges. My friend is expecting a son soon and I have been invited to celebrate his arrival! A note said, "No gift is expected. We just want you to know we're thinking of you." Your sentiments were heartfelt. You knew how much I've needed you. Thank you, Mike and Suzy. I love you too.Welcome to the world, Baby Boy Burnie!
(And P.S., I can't wait to go shopping!)

Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest, but about who came and never left your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment