03 July 2010

Twilight


I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

After a movie tonight, I was off...chasing the sunset. I didn't actually hope to catch it, only to enjoy the evidence of the coming night. No sight is more provocative of awe than is the night sky. ~Llewelyn Powys  Today I commented to a friend that my Smokies miss me. Eleven hours is a long time to drive on such short notice. So instead, I ventured down an old highway not too far from home. The dark hills and curvy road (and a lot of imagination) allowed me to traverse the distance, even if only in my mind's eye.
                      
Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

No comments:

Post a Comment