27 July 2010

My Moodswing

Quite some time ago I set forth a goal to count my blessings...1000 strong before summer's end.  While the season itself is still going strong, my summer respite is coming to a close.  School will begin very soon and I have other matters to tend to before my official return to duty.  I've neglected my Happilist...or at least the part where I share it with you.  I've simply been too busy enjoying myself ~ spending time outdoors in the sun...and along so many backroads (which have led to those places I've discovered in the recesses of my mind and heart)...and with people who truly care: about me.  I am a lucky girl. 

So once again, come take a ride on my moodwsing.

“On a bad day, I have mood swings - but on a good day, I have the whole mood playground.”
~Charles Rosenblum

My Happilist
i.am.sanders
Gratitude is the heart's memory. ~French proverb
Nos. 405 ~ 497

candlelight
perfectly waxed brows
strawberry milkshakes
maple seed "helicopters"
wildflowers
reading the Sunday newspaper
sparkling grape juice
SmartBoard technology
The Lord's Prayer
the scent of a summer evening
a winning scratch-off ticket
cheddar herb biscuits
a saltwater pool
sweet dreams
The Serenity Prayer
the bluegrass sound of Alison Krause
the breath before the kiss
blogging
childhood days
lemon biscotti
black nylons
political cartoons of Jim Dyke
a 5:00 shadow on a handsome man (hey, I'm being honest)
beer battered chicken sandwiches from Ecco Lounge
a slice of lemon in my water
catching snowflakes on my tongue
fireworks
The Statue of Liberty
80s music ~ yep.
morning dew on the grass
sincere compliments
 a deep, comforting voice
bulldogs
a turn on a turnpike
seeing my name in print
stamps from Primele
a package in my mailbox
penny wishes in a fountain
chocolate long johns ~ but only sometimes
literature studies with first graders ~ so smart
"Barnes and Noble time"
a lasting hug
porch conversations
stargazing
Jane Iredale lipgloss in Wild Apple
childhood according to Ezra Jack Keats
hotel pens in medium point
the poetry of Robert Frost
the poetry of e.e. cummings
new school supplies
bratwurst
Van Halen's 1984 album
stories ~ to read, to write
the first slow dance
signet rings
the scent of memory
Lowenstein, Lowenstein
a full tank of gas and an open road
the blackest black mascara on my lashes
a special breakfast made just for me
my children's artwork
my children's writing
my children's singing
my children's laughter!
smiles
caves ~ God's tunnels ~ love them (okay, some of them)
old hymnals and the memory of grandma's singing voice at church
skyscrapers
 an open-air restaurant in Charleston
napping in the sun on a Florida beach ~ for hours
architectural salvage
positive attitudes
best friends
antique hooked rugs
dill pickle chips
passport photos that actually look like you
peppermint ~ breath, a kiss, a face
grandparents
suckers from the drive-thru window at the bank
catching a fish after a perfect cast
scones
a cultivated mind ~ never stagnant
the sound of a baby's first cry
friendship that withstands the tests of time
Ralph Lauren bedding
"new car" scent
a healthy, cathartic cry
lesson plans completed ahead of schedule
Altoids mints
chicken chimichangas from el Jimador
chalk drawings on the sidewalk

watching the person you love shave
...and wearing his shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment