03 June 2009


This morning as I began to prune geraniums, a small house finch abruptly flew from a hanging planter on the porch. I quickly learned the reason why.

Worried about upsetting the nest (whose parentage was anxiously twittering across the yard), I left certain spoiled blooms intact.

In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence.

- Robert Lynd

Upon closer inspection you might notice the faintest horizontal crack forming midway across the centermost egg in the clutch. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...?


3 comments:

  1. Oh - great post! I hope to see babies, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic photo of your bird's nest. I'm also anxious to see babies too. Cute blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is beautiful! I love the blog header and the peaceful pictures. I have to work on mine this summer and get computer-genius son to help me on the technical part ;) So far I have mastered the "type in blog" part, and can post pictures in the body of the text, and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete