29 June 2009

English Lovely

Tonight I said farewell to the last last two finches in the porch nest. So soon they grew to look like miniatures of their parents! Just this morning mom and dad were visiting the nest. Then, this evening as I watered the flowers, I startled the younger ones and they flew away. It was time. Bye, bye birdies...

I have fallen in love all over again with a blog on my 'eye candy' list. Maybe it's the English countryside...or the farm...or the comforts of her home... Whatever the reason, today I am addicted. Won't you visit Bertie Meadows and see for yourself?
Ready to book a flight? Me, too.

Also of note is a new novel I just purchased. My local library is hosting a meet-the-author event in October and I'm reading the current book club selection, The Night Birds, by Thomas Maltman. I've only just begun, but I'm becoming addicted to it as well. I love the historical setting and sense of adventure. You can sneak a peek, too. Just click on the title. Until then...

Sleep tight.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, thank you for the lovely mention and sweet compliments. It's so nice to meet you.
    Bertie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 2 nests under our deck porch. The mama's won't let us near them though. I'm gonna go check out the book.

    ReplyDelete