09 June 2009

Return

Sickness has been the pervasive theme in our household for nearly a week. I suppose that's one advantage of having a summer break...the sickleave used is simply that of your own time. The ability to sleep in, with no one to whom I must report, has been a gift. And so now I return...

...to a house that really needs some tender-loving, germ-fighting care. I am also wondering about 'my' birds. As of a two days ago, six eggs remained in the nest. I have not been able to return for an update. Tomorrow. Surely tomorrow I will see six young finches-?

...and to mothering my children with more efficiency than I've been able to elicit recently, compliments of the flu. Tonight I slipped outdoors to watch some of my favorite people in the world chase fireflies. It was a rainy day here which made their dark silhouettes dance stark before trees of the truest emerald ...all of which played on a curtain of a dark and hazy, thundering sky.

And that reminds me of a story. When Lightning Comes in a Jar

If you have not met Patricia Polacco, I hope you will become acquainted. She is the author and illustrator of the most incredible stories for children (both young and old), and they originate from her own experiences and memories. Just click on the links for a visit! And speaking of the weather, check out Thunder Cake while you're there. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I'm going to check out the author suggestion.

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is just beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, hoping your home is blessed with good health.

    Your blog is fantabulous-O! I love it and look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete