14 February 2011

Where the Heart Is

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. ~William Shakespeare  I alternately love and loathe Valentine's Day.  Sometimes it's about happiness and sometimes, well, sometimes it's just about wishes. Today, I'm wishing YOU happiness.  xoxo

Let your joy rise to the surface.  I discovered these words on a fellow blog.  (Thank you, Mary Ruffle.) There are places that make my heart swell.  Aside from Nantucket and Cape Cod, the Smokies are the only place that have such an intense effect on me, the kind you carry with you long after you've departed, the kind that lives in you as a ne'er-to-be-forgotten memory. And so today I'm not only thinking about the people I love; but I'm also thinking of the places.  I'm longing for a road trip.  I love a good journey, whether it be one of the heart, or one of the road.  What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.  All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. ~Helen Keller


The most beautiful view is the one I share with you. ~Author Unknown
 
My Mountains, My View, from My Cabin


  “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
~Freya Stark

Nantucket's Atlantic...In a word: love.


“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quiestest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” ~Pat Conroy 

That, to me, is an affair of the heart.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Valentine's Day, ~S.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

No comments:

Post a Comment