04 February 2011

Birthday Song

"At the age of 19, you always think you are prepared for everything and you think you have the knowledge of what's coming ahead."
~Diana, Princess of Wales  
Trust me, McKenzie, you don't.

Nineteen years ago today I first held you in my arms.  I'd already held you in my heart for months. I'd felt your independence, strong and without hesitation, asserting itself in my abdomen for quite some time too.  A year before, I had no idea you would be mine. I had no anticipation of motherhood for years to come.   God’s blessings come as a surprise but how much you receive depends on how much your heart believes.  Your dad and I were young, yet not so young that we could not, as adults, carry on as a family.  The theme of your nursery was chosen strategically:  Noah's Ark.  True, it is a great story of biblical proportions, adored by children, but that was not the underlying purpose for the choice.  Rather, the story of Noah's Ark, and the subsequent rainbow in the sky, is manifestation of God's love and promises.  I believed then, as I do even today, that God is good and blesses His own.  You, sweet girl, are one of my greatest gifts.  Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart. ~Mandy Harrison

You are all grown up now and slowy but surely leaving my nest.  I am sad.  More than anything though, I am extremely proud of the fine person you have become.  You are a light.  Shine brightly.  I love you, McKenzie Bean.  Always.  Happy Birthday.  ~Mommy

Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother's Love. ~Maureen Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment