07 February 2011

A Farewell

by Adelaide Anne Procter

FAREWELL, oh dream of mine!
I dare not stay;
The hour is come, and time
Will not delay:
Pleasant and dear to me
Wilt thou remain;
No future hour
Brings thee again.

She stands, the Future dim,
And draws me on,
And shows me dearer joys—
But thou art gone!
Treasures and Hopes more fair,
Bears she for me,
And yet I linger,
Oh dream, with thee!

Other and brighter days,
Perhaps she brings;
Deeper and holier songs,
Perchance she sings;
But thou and I, fair time,
We too must sever—
Oh dream of mine,
Farewell for ever!

Letting go is not so easy.  Thanks to my friend who sent me this poem when I needed it most ~ a friend who always throws me an anchor at the perfect time.  Those are the best, the very best friends of all.  xoxo  And so as I wish for the dreams to fade and accept the "forever" farewell, I look forward to the future...the "other and brighter days, perhaps she brings;"  the "deeper and holier songs, perchance she sings..."  I've managed to find some inspiration here ~ A Country Farmhouse.  Simplicity.  Elegance.  Happiness.  I love this blog.  LOVE it.  I am confident you will, too.  I have also encountered some invigoration at Nine and Sixteen ("a blog about family, home, & small town living").  Lovely.  A whole lotta sunshine for the soul.

Amy Seeley ~ Gravel Lines lyrics

what do you expect from me, after these takes … after this
what do you dream .. in the afternoon ..
i'll never know .. .what's in your head.

out past the cars on the railway
out past the city's finery
we see our breath and connection
underneath these gravel lines.

you …. you stole a page from the blanks
how do you weigh all of our fears
typical, isn't it typical
that someone like me would invite you in

we took a drive in the country
your photographs were never mine
slapped in the face by the questions
posed by these gravel lines

out past the cars on the railway
out past the city's finery
we see our breath and connection
underneath these gravel lines.
 
*     *     *
 
This mood.  I'm running away...from it, to here...to these photos that belie a story. 
No restoration necessary.  Stunning.
courtesy, greige design


Typeset Art

(I'm skipping Shakespeare's verse when I create my own piece.)
 
 


via Cote de Texas

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
~Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment