15 February 2011

Love is in the Air

A Valentine dinner date at a Thai food restaurant.  White Chocolate Strawberry Truffles by way of Arizona.  Paper valentines from my students, many of which informed me that "Justin Bieber loves you."  Mom's sugar cookies...
Love, Love, Love.

Ten Ways to Love

Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18)
Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1)
Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
Trust without wavering. (Corinthians 13:7)
Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12
 
 
I love this blog.  I love the second picture from the left, in the top row of this banner.  (I'd love to make it my studio.)  And I love this picture from the BARNHOUSE.  The gate reminds me of a place from childhood.  The snowy tracks cause me to wonder about the traveler.
 
I love the inspiration I find here, at Tricia Foley of New York.


And this staircase...from what source, I haven't a clue. 
Love it.
 
There are other things about which to wax sentimental.  Perhaps the day's favorite is this:  While reading my youngest a bedtime story (a book that was first her eldest sister's, who is now away at college), she informed me that she'd found a small tear in a page.  "Don't worry, Mom.  I fixed it."  I love her ingenuity.

Band-aid Cure
And one more thing before I go.  I found an incredible site and wanted to share.  Click here (opt for the English version), choose a photo, and generate!  Suddenly your image has aged, oh, 100 years or so.


And now I'm off to enjoy the weather.  By Thursday the temperature should climb into the upper 60s.  I'm ready for Spring...and the smell of rain.  I love that too!  ~S.

No comments:

Post a Comment