12 November 2010

Love and a Weekend

I am in love...again.  The papers of Cavallini & Co. are simply to die for.  Please click on their link and enjoy. (It may also be found on the right side of this blog, under the heading "To Market").  Stunning.  Absolutely stunning.  And I mustn't forget to mention Primele, a sweet Etsy shoppe worth visiting.  The stamps found there remind me of items found on my grandfather's desk as a child.  I have a customized, personalized stamp from Primele and it was worth every penny spent. 

I want these stamps!
 Also under the "To Market" section of this blog is The White Flower Farmhouse, located on Long Island.  So impressive!  Click here to check out the blog.  I'm in a holiday mood and love, love, love (yes, it's love again!) these photos from the December entries.


Cloche of Vintage Appeal
   
Scientific Scene

Leaves 
by Elsie N. Brady
How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.

photo by Tiago Cabral















This weekend I'm looking forward to enjyoing the vintage holiday inspiration of Jenni Bowlin...


...and the creativity of Rebecca SowerI made my own blog banner but wish, somehow, mine could look like hers.  Love it!  And there's that word again...


This morning's quote (from my little book, yes) said this:  "Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep."  ~Carl Sandburg  Maybe so, but any tears I shed today will be ones of joy.  The weekend is here!  Yes, I love that, too! I hope you enjoy yours as well.  ~S.

No comments:

Post a Comment