22 April 2010

Twilight and Mist

I love the sound of this music, the first song that plays each time I find this page. It is the theme song from a favorite story of mine, Legends of the Fall. The music speaks volumes even though it flows softly...gently. The hero of the story, Tristan, stirs something inside me too. It has nothing (seriously) to do with the fact that Brad Pitt plays the lead role. I have my own image of Tristan that surpasses even that.
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends."
Anyway, today has been an emotional one and it drew me to the story of Tristan and Susannah. Today has been a day in which I needed a friend...more importantly, today was a day in which I needed to be one. I've spent too much time taking and not giving. 'Tis better to give than to receive...
"He was a rock they broke themselves against, however much he tried to protect them."
And so, I spent time in thought at the river...
...enjoyed my favorite beer-batter chicken sandwich from Ecco Lounge,
And I let go of some bitterness.
"Remember...To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you."
~Lewis B. Smedes

"Tristan, I have nowhere to send this letter and no reason to believe you wish to receive it. I write it only for myself." ~Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment