21 April 2011

Beans

"I want that one," she said.  "The pink one with beans."  Given the description, you'd never guess my little one was selecting a donut.  I love Easter time, when bakery offerings are adorned with the colors of happiness...and sometimes even jelly beans. I almost regretted not purchasing one for myself (*sigh*) but, alas, my willpower won the battle...today. 

“You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jelly beans.” ~Ronald Reagan

I found this recipe at Meridian Road and am anxious to give it a try in the next few days.  It might just be the 'fix' for the current boredom that has settled under my low-carb umbrella.  I've tripled the recipe as provided in order to have plenty in the fridge!

Chicken and Parmesan Sandwich Spread

3 cups cooked chicken, chopped very fine
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 tsp. yellow mustard
1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper (I think I'll opt for more. Much more.)
3 Tbsp. chili sauce (I intend to use Buffalo sauce here!)
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise

Stir to combine all ingredients.  Enjoy!

Remember, the lower the fat content, the higher the carbs. 

Enjoy, ~S.

No comments:

Post a Comment