23 September 2011

Mirror, Mirror


Things that have made me recently reflective ~
 
re·flec·tion (rĭ-flĕk'shən) n.  1. The act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.  2. Something, such as light, radiant heat, sound, or an image, that is reflected.  3. Mental concentration; careful consideration.  4. An indirect expression of censure or discredit.  5. A manifestation or result.

The word 'benign' and all it implies.  Thank you, God.

A fading pink sky, a rising mist, a full moon.

Saying hello, reminiscing with old friends, 'church lady food', saying goodbye.

Biscuits and gravy with my daughter, soccer tournaments, the anticipation of a St. Louis visit.

A rose from a student...yellow, of course.

The sounds of a late night train. 

A quote:  "I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me." ~Anne Quindlen 
 
...or two:  "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were." ~John F. Kennedy
 
The arrival of fall, when my senses are most keen, the time of year when my sentiments are heightened.  It is in these days that I am an old, old soul.
 
Magic:  "Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning...That Peter had told Wendy, was the way to Neverland."
 
And with that, I think I'll take flight.  For now.  ~S.

No comments:

Post a Comment