14 October 2010

Sweet Tooth

“Know something, sugar? Stories only happen to people who can tell them” ~Allan Gurganus
A quaint Nantucket candy shoppe~
Even the flowers exude patriotism.
Another sweet shoppe, the Nantucket Chocolatier, boasts original chocolate covered New England cranberries.  Delicious.  The treats come in milk chocolate (my favorite) or dark chocolate, and are infused with a hint of orange.  My only regret is that I did not splurge.  At $40.00 per one-pound bag, I exercised self-control.  I continue to ask myself why.  I rarely exercise self-control when I truly want something badly enough... and I remain puzzled at my decision.  Next time...there is always next time.  Perhaps I'll find a reason to celebrate in the very near future.  Mail order is just a click away. 
Krispy Kreme?  What's Krispy Kreme?  The east coast knows how a real donut should taste.
I miss Dunkin' Donuts.  Thanks, Cape Cod, for the memories. 

Okay, so these treats aren't edible, but the windows of Nantucket boast flower boxes almost without fail.  Beautiful. 

Flowers On My Window Ledge
Rissi Palmer
I water the flowers on my window ledge
Visions runnin' through my head
Fields of indigo and red
I hear the words I can’t forget
And I remember what you said...

One of the sweetest spots of all...
Sing me a song, any song, Mr. Harry Connick, Jr.

A little bit of me and a whole lot of you
Add a dash of starlight and a dozen roses, too
Then let it rise for a hundred years or two
And that's the recipe for making love

It doesn't need sugar 'cause it's already sweet
It doesn't need an oven 'cause it's got a lot of heat
Just add a dash of kisses to make it all complete
And that's the recipe for making love

"Recipe for Love" from We Are In Love (1990), Harry Connick, Jr.

Missouri girls and Massachusetts mayhem.  Say, "Ahhh...." 
Love you, sweet girl.   
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment